Terms and Conditions
Refer a Friend or Family member Offer
These terms and conditions apply to the Refer a Friend or Family Member Offer (the "Offer") and are in addition to and should be read together with our Expat Terms & Conditions which can be found at expat.hsbc.com/help/forms-and-downloadsLink opens in a new tab
- The Offer is available to any HSBC Expat Premier customer (the “Referrer”) who refers a friend or family member who is not an existing HSBC Expat customer (a “Recommended Customer”) to us. Upon a successful referral and meeting the terms and conditions below, both the Referrer and the Recommended Customer will receive £250 each or the Euro or US dollar equivalent (the "Offer Payment").
- The Recommended Customer must apply for an HSBC Expat Premier account, and have it opened within 60 days of the referral being made. This period will be extended should we require additional information from them which causes the account opening to be delayed.
- The Recommended Customer must meet the HSBC Expat Premier Account qualifying criteria within 90 days of opening their account.
- We will make the Offer Payment into each of the Referrer's and the Recommended Customer's respective HSBC Expat Premier accounts 90 days after the date on which the Recommended Customer’s account has been successfully opened and meets the HSBC Expat Premier qualifying criteria. The Offer Payment will be made in the currency of the relevant HSBC Expat Premier account (GBP, Euro or USD).
- This Offer only applies if the Recommended Customer independently qualifies for (as per our qualifying criteria) and opens a sole HSBC Expat Premier current account in their own name. All types of joint accounts, investment accounts, savings accounts or fixed-term products are excluded from this Offer.
- Only a single payment will be made to each of the Referrer and the Recommend Customer, irrespective of the number of accounts the Recommended Customer opens.
- We reserve the right to refuse to make the Offer Payment if we believe the Offer is being abused or we have concerns about the relationship between the Referrer and the Recommended Customer. We are not required to provide any explanation if we refuse to pay. The Offer is limited to five referrals per Referrer in any 12 month period.
- We may refuse to accept any application under this Offer from a Recommended Customer. We are not obligated to provide any reasons for refusal. We will not discuss with any Referrer the application or relationship with any Recommended Customer.
- This Offer is not transferable and we may amend, withdraw, extend or suspend it at any time without notice, and the Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other new account opening offers.
- Recommendations from financial advisers, professional intermediaries or any person deemed by us to be acting in a professional capacity will not qualify for this Offer.
- If you work for HSBC anywhere in the world and hold a Premier account with HSBC Expat, you will only qualify for an Offer Payment on any referrals not concerning other HSBC staff or contractors. HSBC staff are not eligible to be Recommended Customers.